Fare is included in the tuition cost for Fanshawe College and University of Western Ontario. Each bus has its own schedule and busses generally do not run past midnight. There are several taxi and charger services available like London Taxi, Blue & White, and U-Need-A-Cab. There is also a bike path that is pretty extensive; bike maps are located online.
London International Airport commonly known as London Metropolitan Airport is abbreviated YXU is locate 5.8 miles (9.3 km) northeast from London, Ontario, Canada city center.
About London Airport
The Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) staffs the airport and handles 180 passengers per flight which amounts to more than 400 thousand passengers per year. The city of London itself is located in southwest Ontario and has a population of more than 300 thousand people. London is at the fork of the Thames River in between Toronto and Detroit, Michigan. London is nicknamed Forest City because of all of the parks and woodland there.
Things to do in London
– Bike the paths that are found throughout the city.
– Take the kids to splash aroud in the summer or skate in the winter to Storybook Gardens. There are also animals, games, rides, and play areas.
– Take a tour of the Labatt Brewery.
– Take a group hike on the weekends on the Thames Valley Trail.
– Play 18-hole golf, go down the waterslide, mini golf, or more at the East Park Golf Gardens and Wally World.
– In July go to the Sunfest in Victoria Park. Enjoy the music, dance, and lots of activities. The event is free.
– Shop at the White Oaks Mall which includes 175 stores and other retail locations.
There are many national chain restaurants located in London like Tony Toma’s, Tim Hortons, MacDonald, Subway and more. In Downtown London there are many restaurants for any type of food you may be craving (just to name a few):
– Middle Eastern: Barakat Restaurant, shawarma and falafel
– Vietnamese/Thai: Ben Thanh, vegetarian options and traditional Asian dishes
– Italian – Bertoldi Trattproa, wood-fired oven pizza
– Cajun/Caribbean – Jambalaya
Hotels near YXU
If you are looking for a accommodations on a budget stay at ACBBA on Wellington Street. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown. London has many national chains like the Staybridge, Hampton Inn, Hilton and others. If you want to splurge a little stay at the Delta London Amouries; they have an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, and childrens splash pool. The hotel also has a fitness room with saunas. On Sunday you can make a reservation for their excellent brunch that is served.
YXU Contact Information
London International Airport
1750 Crumlin Road
London, ON N5V 3B6, Canada
Airport Code: YXU